It looks like we will have to put the term “Ginn Boat” to rest. If a contracted purchase deal closes, the boat will soon be moving north for a new job, and a new name.
PALM COAST, FL – November 2, 2015 – GoToby.com has been able to confirm a rumor that the Sundancer dinner yacht, known by many as “the Ginn Boat,” is under contract to be sold. Details of the pending sale have not been released.
The Sundancer heralds back to the time when the Hammock Beach Club & Resort was known as the Ginn Club & Resort at Hammock Beach. Although named Sundancer, it has always referred to by long-term locals as The Ginn Boat, after the resort’s developer, Bobby Ginn.
The Hammock Beach Club is still taking reservations on Sundancer. Tickets for a dinner cruise on November 4th and a Sunday brunch cruise on November 8th are available. No other dates have been scheduled in anticipation of the sale closing. The resort has no plans to replace the Sundancer at this time. For reservations, call 877-446-6465 or go on line to www.Eventbrite.com. I recommend the online option.
Shirley and I have made reservations for the last brunch cruise. Maybe we will see you there.
Here is the brunch menu as posted online:
- Bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys
- Chilled Juices: Orange, Grapefruit and Cranberry
- Regular and Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea Service
- Whole Milk
- Freshly Baked Breakfast Breads and Pastries
- Bagels with Assorted Preserves and Cream Cheese
- Sliced Seasonal Fruits
- Smoked Salmon Display, Assorted Bagel, Cream Cheese and Traditional Accompaniments
- Southern Style Stone Ground Cheddar Grits
- Applewood Smoked Bacon, Garlic Sage Sausage link
- Cheese Blintz with Fresh Berries
- Scrambles Eggs with Chives
- Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
- Traditional Egg Benedict with Warm Hollandaise Sauce
From the Carving Board:
- Brown Sugar and Spicy Mustard Glazed Bone-in Ham
(Additional beverages are available a la carte)