Practical, not opulent. Solidly-built, not delicate. Functional, not whimsical. This 3-story “Old Florida Style” estate cottage has 1st floor guest quarters with separate entrance and kitchen.
PALM COAST, FL – January 20, 2017 – Amazing views and 240 available feet on the ICW mark this Beverly Beach home. Practical, not opulent. Solidly-built, not delicate. Functional, not whimsical. This 3-story "Old Florida Style" estate cottage has 1st floor guest quarters with a separate entrance and kitchen.
Twenty-three Westmayer Place is surrounded with tiled balconies and full of practical and efficient features you can really use. Although this home has an open and airy look and feel, it is built with energy conservation in mind. All windows and doors are Thermo pane and the home is well insulated. Average monthly utility bills are astonishingly low; $160 electric and $25 gas.
VIEW FROM ABOVE LOOKING SOUTHEAST
Built in 2007, this week’s GoToby.com featured House of the Week is a “one of a kind.” It’s packed with features you can use. When the square footage of a home is stated by real estate professionals, they typically refer to the square footage “under air” (heated and cooled). That doesn’t work with this house. It has 5,240 square feet of living area “under air,” plus a 1,200 square foot garage, also “under air.”
MANLY – NOT YOUR EVERYDAY GARAGE
The garage has its own HVAC unit, an epoxy floor and is tied into the home’s central vacuum system. The garage is double depth to accommodate four vehicles. It’s equipped with a two-ton A-frame lift, wall-mounted storage cabinets, a work bench, bench grinder and vise. The stained wood garage doors are insulated.
STAY IN SHAPE AT HOME – FIRST FLOOR EXERCISE ROOM
Like the garage, the house has several unexpected features. Among them:
- Four gas fireplaces plus two quick connect/disconnects for gas accessories
- 500 gallon buried gas tank
- Three-floor elevator
- Two kitchens
- 1,996 square feet of tiled wrap-around balconies
- Security system
- Fire sprinkler system
- Four separate HVAC units, one for the garage and one for each of the three floors of living area
- Pest Tubes for pest control throughout the garage and home
- Irrigation sprinkler system with an on-site well’
- 25 KW full house water-cooled generator with ATS system
- All rooms are wired for internet, telephone and cable
- One gas on-demand hot water heater and one 80-gallon electric hot water heater
- Two laundry rooms
- Jenn Air downdraft stove with duel function gas burners and electric oven
- All down spouts on gutters are plumbed to underground recharge tanks
- Nine Thermo-pane double French doors leading to tiled balconies. All windows are thermos-pane
- Lever hardware on all doors and dead bolts on all exterior doors
- Two large bay windows – the window seats have storage
- Metal roof
- Balconies have separate outlets positioned to supply power to holiday lights
The first floor also has an exercise room, a utility room in addition to the one-bedroom guest quarters with a separate entrance. The second and third floors combine to provide three master bedroom suites and lots of room for living and entertaining.
GUEST QUARTERS KITCHEN
TILED BALCONIES WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS
VIEW FROM ABOVE FACING EAST TOWARDS THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
The home is in the Seaside Manor subdivision which has a deeded walkover to the sandy Atlantic Ocean beach just yards away across scenic State Route A1A.
There are also two adjacent parcels available totaling 1.32 acres and providing a total of 240 feet of Intracoastal Waterway frontage . The owner has obtained state and federal permits approving drawings to develop a 125-foot large-yacht basin for the combined properties providing direct access to the ICW’s 12 foot deep channel with no SSL lease fees or easement requirements. If the adjacent lots are not purchased the property must be legally subdivided prior to closing.
CONCEPT DRAWING OF THE PERMITTED YACHT BASIN
Beverly Beach is located on scenic A1A only a few miles north of iconic Flagler Beach with its famous pier, restaurants and shops. Further south is Daytona Beach. Historic St. Augustine and Marineland are short drives north. Nearby Interstate 95 provides easy access to Orlando and Jacksonville.
The area, sometimes referred to as “the quiet side of Florida, features miles of beaches with abundant public access, miles of hiking trails, championship golf courses and top-rated schools. Shop and dine in nearby (just over the bridge) Palm Coast, recently recognized as one of “America’s 50 Best Cities to Live.” Palm Coast’s population recently topped 80,000. Flagler County’s population recently passed the 100,000 mark.
Why pay South Florida prices for Intracoastal Waterway living? Now listed for only $1,169,000, 23 Westmayer Place is presented for sale by by Debra Meyer, of Landmark Properties. Here’s how to contact Debra:
- Phone: (386) 283-7280
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEEDED BEACH ACCESS