But home-grown Seagate Homes leads the local market.
Palm Coast, FL – May 9, 2014 – Builder Magazine’s released today its list of the nation’s top homebuilders based on revenue. Four have built in Palm Coast and/or Flagler County. Two are currently active here. But home-grown builder, Seagate Homes has pulled more permits.
The Builder’s Magazine Ranking by Revenue:
- D.R. Horton – $6,432,314,000 – Currrently building in Hidden Lakes and Sunset Inlet
- PulteGroup – $5,538,644,000 – Pulte absorbed Centex a few years ago when Centex ran into financial difficulty. Centex built several homes and condominiums in Palm Coast and Flagler before exiting the local market.
- Lennar Corporation – $5,534,947,000
- Toll Brothers – $2,674,299,000 – Built a few homes in the north section of Grand Haven
- Taylor Morrison Home Corporation – $2,265,000,000
- Hovnanian Enterprises – $2,089,729,000
- KB Home – $2,084,978,000 – Currently building in Grand Landing
- The Ryland Group, Inc. – $2,082,838,000
- Standard Pacific Homes – $1,911,756,000
- Meritage Homes Corp – $1,786,389,000
Palm Coast-headquartered Seagate Homes is the most active homebuilder locally, pulling more permits here than the above leaders combined, with over 1,000 permits listed on City of Palm Coast and Flagler County permitting websites. Seagate is privately held.