RaceTrac, Palm Harbor Shopping Center, Matanzas Golf Course, Chick fil A, New apartments near Target.
Palm Coast, FL – June 18, 2014 – Toby always has his ears up, listening for both facts and rumors. His sources have been busy.
First, the facts:
- The site plan final review for Palm Coast Landings Apartments at Town Center, a multi-family residential project proposed to be built behind Target on the yet to be completed Landing Blvd is on the Planning and Land Development Regulation Board’s agenda for tonight’s meeting. The proposed new project will have 73 units. It’s proposed by the same developer that built Beach Village Apartments next to the Publix at SR 100 and Roberts Road. The same developer bought the Brookhaven condo development in Town Center and are converting it to apartments.
- The new owner of the Palm Harbor Shopping Plaza continues to work with City of Palm Coast planners on details of their proposed reconstruction of the plaza. A site plan has yet to be submitted.
- Chick fil A has submitted their proposed site plan for the former Perkin’s Restaurant location for internal review by the city planning department.
Now for the Rumors:
- Several sources have told me that the Matanzas Golf Course is again “under contract.” buyer unknown. It is confirmed that several “people wearing dress shirts and ties and with clipboards have been seen visiting the Cypress Course. There have been staff reductions and schedule changes too at both the Cypress Course and Pines Course. And there is no more Nine & Dine at Cypress. The Grand Club membership role is apparently shrinking.
- Proposed construction on the SW corner of SR 100 and Seminole Woods Blvd will be a new prototype RaceTrac gas station.
DO get in the habit of checking the GoToby.com Home Page regularly. I’ve expanded the “Other Real Estate News” category (you may have to scroll down). Up to ten topical articles of interest can be found with links to their primary source. The list is updated frequently.