This 2,223 square foot home has a private dune walkover to the Atlantic Ocean beach, only 2 ½ miles south of the landmark Flagler Beach Pier.
PALM COAST, FL – July 7, 2017 – GoToby.com’s featured House of the Week is a 2,223-square foot beach house in Flagler Beach, a city of roughly 5,000 residents who zealously preserve their city’s old Florida beach town character.
2656 S OCEAN SHORE BLVD IN FLAGLER BEACH
Built in 1983, this classic beach house sits on an oversized lot with access from both S Ocean Shore Blvd (scenic coastal Route A1A) and S Central Ave. If you love living outdoors, you can enjoy the full back yard and inground pool or take your own private dune walkover to the beach.
DUNE WALKOVER AND BEACH VIEW
The open floor plan with four bedrooms and two and a half baths is designed to maximize the spectacular ocean views. The master suite is on the third floor. The ground floor offers a pool-front bonus room, perfect for in-laws, a guest suite or entertainment.
Special Features for Coastal Living
What makes this property unique are the upgrades recently completed by the owner/seller, who is a consulting Engineer, specializing in building envelope restoration. Both interior and exterior improvements were made to strengthen the structure against severe weather. Many of the design elements are not apparent to the casual observer. A few examples are:
- A new roof includes heavy 320 # architectural type shingles for longer wear. Corrosion-resistant Stainless-Steel nails were used to fasten the shingles. The roof sheathing was re-nailed and a reinforced polypropylene underlayment was installed.
- New front deck railings are of a PVC material, rather than less expensive wood. All fasteners are Stainless Steel.
- Hurricane shutters are powder coated. Internal bearings are nylon, not metal.
- The front deck door is made from synthetic materials.
- The carport ceiling was reinforced with over 2,000 Stainless screws.
- The two HVAC condensers have been professionally coated with a corrosion resistant material to extend their service life.
- The new beach walkover is specifically designed to resist high seas and the wind. All wood components are pressure treated. All metal components are Stainless-Steel.
Flagler Beach extends along a narrow strip of sand between the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway (ICW). The beach’s orange hue is attributed the abundance of crushed coquina shells in the sand. The Flagler Beach Interstate 95 interchange (#184) is the point where I95 is at its point nearest the Atlantic Ocean (only three miles). Flagler Beach is noted for its recognizable pier as well as its abundance of great restaurants and quaint shops.
Palm Coast and Flagler County
The Palm Coast area, sometimes referred to as “the quiet side of Florida,” features miles of beaches with abundant public access, miles of hiking trails, championship golf courses, sports complexes, and top-rated schools. Shop and dine in nearby Palm Coast, recently recognized as one of “Americas 50 Best Cities to Live.” Palm Coast’s population recently topped 85,000. Flagler County’s population recently passed the 108,000 mark.
Nearby Interstate 95 provides convenient access to Jacksonville and Orlando attractions. The Flagler Executive Airport is only 15 minutes away. Jet Blue recently began daily direct flights to New York City (JFK) from nearby Daytona Beach Airport.
2656 S Ocean Shore Blvd in Flagler Beach, Fla. is offered for $715,000 by Pamela Capela, of RE/MAX Select Professionals. Here’s how to reach Pam:
- Phone: (386) 986-6284
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why pay South Florida prices????
GOOGLE EARTH VIEW