Unlike her predecessor, newly sworn Attorney General Pam Bondi raises the visibility of Florida’s mortgage foreclosure crisis. Let’s hope she follows through with affirmative action.
Assuring the integrity to the judicial foreclosure process
- Documents submitted must be true and accurate
- Affidavits must be proper in substance and form
- Assignments must be properly executed and accurateDue process rights to the foreclosed homeowners
- Proper service of process on the homeowner
- Proper standing to sue by the plaintiff Bank
- Substantive review of paperwork prior to foreclosureForeclosures will have to go forward and there will be many more next year, but they need to done within the law.